Geo – Son Child Care Services, Inc. is a non-profit organization that sponsors child and adult care centers who wish to participate in the Child and Adult Care Food Program (CACFP – CCC & ADC). As a sponsorship, Geo – Son Child Care Services, Inc. assumes the responsibility for managing and directing the CACFP for you. As a center, your responsibility will be to provide meals and snacks that comply with CACFP requirements.
Our Sponsorship assumes the following CACFP responsibilities for your center:
⇓ Click the headings below to explore what we have to offer ⇓
– We ensure that each CACFP Meal Benefit Income Eligibility Form is completed correctly and properly categorized.
– Through our platform the center is able to view a Master Enrollment List, generated in real time.
– Great care is taken to ensure each child enrolled has a CACFP Meal Benefit Income Eligibility Form and that this is updated every 12 months.
– Our platform alerts our centers to any missing Enrollment, CACFP Meal Benefit Income Eligibility, and/or Infant Feeding Preference Forms.
– It is our pleasure to provide an accurate monthly account of Free, Reduced, and Paid
– SimpleMenus, a computer software we utilize and provide, allows centers to have Enrollment, Meal Production, Grocery Lists, and Meal Count information at their fingertips
– Utilizing SimpleMenus allows us to render real time technical assistance, providing guidance when the problem occurs, not at the end of the month.
– Reviewing each Form 1530/1530A/1654, we check for missing components or insufficient amounts prepared. Doing this helps to assure all required components were served.
– If a center has a question about a ready-to-serve product (pizza, chicken nuggets) just give us a call! We will assist the center to obtain Child Nutrition Labels or Product Analysis for their desired product.
– Child Day Care Centers – We verify that the center is eligible to submit a claim for reimbursement based on the number of enrolled children classified as Free/Reduced/Paid. Eligibility is based on the income and size of the participants household.
– Adult Day Care Centers – We verify that the center is eligible to claim for reimbursement based on the number of enrolled adults receiving Title XX benefits.
– The SimpleMenus program simplifies the 1530 and 1535 process, so we make sure you get your maximum reimbursal.
– Each month our staff diligently reviews the 1535 Forms to ensure correct completion and compares them to Forms 1530 confirming the number of children claimed does not exceed the number of meals prepared, each month.
– Compare Forms 1535 to enrollment to ensure children claimed all have a current CACFP Meal Benefit Income Eligibility Form.
– Provide technical assistance for Time Distribution Report
– We record monthly expenses using Form 4502 page 2
– Monthly Cost Report of your purchases, labor, and costs of food used are available through SimpleMenus
– Compare monthly expenses to the approved CACFP budget
– Compare reimbursement to actual cost to ensure center is operating a non-profit food program
– If necessary, make a recommendation to amend center’s budget if needed
– Provide yearly CACFP training to centers. When a new center is signed after the yearly training has been held, CACFP trainings may be conducted at a center with the owner(s) and staff.
– Submit the center’s monthly claim
– During an audit year, the state will visit our office and audit the records we
keep for your center. We will answer any questions that they have, provide them with any records that they need. Your center may be randomly selected by the state to conduct a routine monitor, on a day and
meal of their choice, and may ask you for records on any matter that requires further information.